Back in August, we started sharing our outreach and growth statistics, warts and all. That’s because we’re committed to radical transparency, and had a hunch that our users–who are interested in quantitative measures of impact–would be curious to see the numbers.
After using this format to share our stats for five months, we’ve decided to move away from blogging them in favor of a centralized, easier to read format: a simple Google Spreadsheet, open to all.
Below, we share our numbers in blog format for the final time, and provide a link to the Google Spreadsheet where we’ll share our stats from here on out.
Here are our outreach numbers for December 2014*.
- Visitors: 3,504 total; 2,189 unique
- New Users: 195
- Conversion rate: 8.9% (% of visitors who signed up for a trial account)
- Unique visitors: 6,911
- Clickthrough rate: 0.8% (% of people who visited Impactstory.org from the blog)
- Conversion rate: 17.5% (% of visitors to Impactstory.org from blog who then signed up for a trial Impactstory account)
- Percent of new user signups: 5.1%
- New followers 262
- Increase in followers from November 5.3%
- Mentions 173 (We’re tracking this to answer the question, “How engaged are our followers?”)
- Tweet reach ~398,800 (We’re tracking this–the number of people who potentially saw a tweet mentioning Impactstory or our blog–to understand our brand awareness)
- Clickthroughs: 131
- Conversions: 14
What does it all mean?
We’re seeing a familiar, seasonal dip in traffic for our blog, Twitter, and impactstory.org as the semester winds down and researchers take leave from the lab to celebrate the holidays. However, impactstory.org traffic is up 25% from the same period last year, our Twitter followers more than doubled since late January, and we’ve seen a steady growth in traffic to our blog over the past twelve months.
We’re pleased with our growth to date, and look forward to sharing our future growth here.
Thanks for joining us in this experiment in radical transparency! And Happy New Year!
* These numbers were recorded at 10 am MDT on Dec. 31st, 2014.